Conveyor Chains For Steel Mill:
Chain No.: P500, P500F1, P650, P625, P1000
Pitch: 500mm, 650mm, 625mm, 1000mm.
For Free Samples
Why choose us?
1. HangZhou Xihu (West Lake) Dis.hua Chain Group Co., Ltd established in 1991, we have 5 subsidiaries in China and also have 6 subsidiaries abroad;
2. We covering a production area of 200, 100 square meters, have more than 1, 800 sets of advanced equipment and over 3, 100 highly skilled employees, the annual production capacity has exceeded 20, 000, 000 meters;
3. We specialized in producing all kinds of standard chains and special chains, such as A or B series chains, driving chains, conveyor chains, dragging chains, agricultural chains and so on;
4. We have obtained ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO16969, AAA and API certificates.
The company is specialized in producing all kinds of standard chains and special chains, E. G. A or B series chains, automobile chains, stainless steel chains, combine harvester chains, heavy-duty cranked link transmission chains, stereo garage chains and maintenance-free chains etc. In recent years, it invests the capital and depends on the improvement of technology to accelerate the step of new product development and the step of technology reform. It intends to produce high strength and precision chains in order to meet requirements of the domestic and overseas markets. We have enclosed our catalog, which introduces our company in detail and covers the main products we supply at present.
Should any of these items be of interest to you, please let us know. We will be happy to give you a quotation CHINAMFG receipt of your detailed requirements.
We look CHINAMFG to receiving your enquires soon.
|Manufacture and OEM
Can a conveyor chain be used in overhead conveyor systems?
Yes, a conveyor chain can be used in overhead conveyor systems. Overhead conveyor systems are designed to move materials, products, or components along an elevated path, typically in manufacturing or distribution facilities.
Conveyor chains used in overhead conveyor systems are specially designed to handle the weight and load requirements of the application. They are typically made from durable materials such as steel or stainless steel to ensure strength and longevity.
Here are some key considerations when using a conveyor chain in overhead conveyor systems:
1. Load Capacity:
– Ensure that the conveyor chain has sufficient load capacity to handle the weight of the conveyed items. The load capacity should be determined based on the maximum anticipated load and any potential dynamic forces.
2. Chain Type and Design:
– Select a conveyor chain that is suitable for overhead applications, such as an overhead conveyor chain or an inverted tooth chain. These chains are specifically designed to handle the unique requirements of overhead conveyance.
– Proper lubrication is crucial for the smooth operation of the conveyor chain in an overhead system. Consider using lubricants that are suitable for overhead applications and ensure regular lubrication to minimize friction and wear.
4. Safety Measures:
– Implement appropriate safety measures to prevent accidents and ensure worker safety. This may include installing safety guards, emergency stop systems, and implementing regular maintenance and inspection routines.
It is important to consult with conveyor system manufacturers or experts who specialize in overhead conveyor systems to ensure the conveyor chain is selected and installed correctly for the specific application requirements.
How do you calculate the power requirements for a conveyor chain?
Calculating the power requirements for a conveyor chain involves considering various factors. Here’s a step-by-step process:
1. Determine the total weight to be transported: Measure or estimate the total weight of the material or product that will be carried by the conveyor chain. This includes the weight of the product itself, any packaging, and additional loads.
2. Determine the speed of the conveyor: Determine the desired speed at which the conveyor chain will operate. This is typically measured in feet per minute (FPM) or meters per second (m/s).
3. Calculate the required capacity: Multiply the total weight by the desired speed to determine the required capacity of the conveyor system. This will give you the weight per unit of time (e.g., pounds per minute or kilograms per hour).
4. Consider the conveyor’s design factors: Take into account various design factors such as the type and pitch of the conveyor chain, the coefficient of friction between the chain and the conveyor components, and any incline or decline angles of the conveyor system. These factors affect the power requirements.
5. Determine the required power: Use the following formula to calculate the power requirements:
Power (in horsepower) = (Capacity × Friction Factor) ÷ (33,000 × Efficiency)
– Capacity is the weight per unit of time (from step 3)
– Friction Factor is the ratio of chain tension to chain weight, taking into account the design factors
– 33,000 is a conversion factor to convert the units to horsepower
– Efficiency is the overall efficiency of the conveyor system, typically expressed as a decimal value (e.g., 0.95 for 95% efficiency)
6. Select a suitable motor: Based on the calculated power requirements, select a motor that can provide the necessary power to drive the conveyor chain. Consider factors such as motor type, motor efficiency, and overload capacity.
It’s important to note that the power requirements may vary depending on specific conveyor system designs and operating conditions. Consulting with a qualified engineer or conveyor manufacturer is recommended to ensure accurate calculations and proper motor selection.
What are the maintenance requirements for a conveyor chain?
Maintaining a conveyor chain is essential to ensure its smooth operation and prolong its lifespan. Here are some key maintenance requirements for a conveyor chain:
- Regular Cleaning: Clean the conveyor chain regularly to remove dirt, debris, and contaminants that can contribute to chain wear and reduce performance. Use appropriate cleaning agents and tools to avoid damaging the chain.
- Lubrication: Apply the recommended lubricant to the conveyor chain according to the manufacturer’s guidelines. Lubrication helps reduce friction, minimize wear, and prevent corrosion.
- Tension Adjustment: Check the tension of the conveyor chain regularly and adjust it if necessary. Proper tension ensures smooth operation and prevents issues like chain slipping or excessive wear.
- Inspection: Conduct regular inspections of the conveyor chain to identify any signs of wear, damage, or misalignment. Look for issues such as worn sprockets, elongation, bent or damaged links, and loose connections. Address any problems promptly to prevent further damage.
- Replace Worn Components: If any components of the conveyor chain, such as links, pins, or sprockets, are excessively worn or damaged, they should be replaced. Using worn components can compromise the chain’s performance and lead to failure.
- Alignment: Ensure proper alignment of the conveyor chain by checking the alignment of sprockets, idlers, and other components. Misalignment can cause uneven wear and increase the risk of chain failure.
- Training and Education: Provide proper training to personnel responsible for operating and maintaining the conveyor chain. They should understand the maintenance requirements, safety protocols, and best practices to ensure effective and safe operation.
Following these maintenance requirements will help keep the conveyor chain in optimal condition, minimize downtime, and ensure safe and efficient material handling.
editor by CX 2023-11-13