QLV silent chains are our top-of-the-line solution for your power transmission needs. These chains are designed to offer exceptional performance, efficiency, and noise reduction for machine running.
These chains are made from high-strength steel, with linked plates and pins that fit together tightly to minimise noise and vibration during operation. They can transfer power more effectively than other chains without sacrificing noise reduction
When you need a specific design, we can provide customised solutions based on what you need. Whether you require specific features, plans, materials, or specifications, our team can work to ensure you get a chain that fully meets your needs.
Are you looking for other chains?
Leave your message below, and feel free to contact us!
|Question 1: Are you a Manufacturer or a Trading Company?|
We are a 100% chain manufacturer with 23 years of experience
|Question 2: What should I provide to get a quotation?|
1. Type of the chain (with photos if available)
2. Pitch of the chain
3. Width of the chain
4. Length and quantity of the chain
5. Other specific requirements
|Question 3: How long is your manufacturing and delivery time?|
Products are usually finished in 2 weeks, depending on the type and quantity. Also, please get in touch with us to check the delivery time to your destination.
|Question 4: How long is your guaranteed time?|
We offer a three-year guarantee if you purchase chains and matched sprockets together.
If you need chains only, a one-year guarantee can also be confirmed.
|Question 5: Trade terms and Payment terms?|
We accept EXW, FOB, DDU, Door to Door. Payment terms, such as T/T, L/C, and Western Union, are acceptable. We also provide the service of Online Trading in this B2B platform.
Estimated freight per unit.
|To be negotiated|
|Standard or Nonstandard:||Standard|
|Application:||Textile Machinery, Garment Machinery, Conveyer Equipment, Packaging Machinery, Food Machinery, Marine, Mining Equipment, Agricultural Machinery|
How does the elongation of a transmission chain affect its lifespan?
Transmission chains are subject to gradual elongation over time as a result of wear and fatigue. The elongation of a transmission chain refers to the increase in its length due to the stretching of the chain’s components. Here’s a detailed explanation of how elongation affects the lifespan of a transmission chain:
1. Increased Slack: As a transmission chain elongates, it develops more slack between the chain links. The increased slack reduces the chain’s tension and can negatively impact its performance. Excessive slack can lead to chain skipping, misalignment, and reduced power transmission efficiency. This can cause vibrations, noise, and accelerated wear on the chain and sprockets.
2. Accelerated Wear: Elongation puts additional stress on the chain’s pins, bushings, and rollers. The increased tension and movement between the chain’s components lead to accelerated wear and fatigue. This can result in chain elongation becoming a self-perpetuating problem, as the worn components further contribute to elongation and reduced performance.
3. Decreased Load Capacity: Elongation reduces the effective pitch length of the transmission chain, resulting in decreased load-carrying capacity. The reduced load capacity can limit the chain’s ability to handle heavy loads or transmit power effectively. This can lead to premature failure or damage to the chain and associated machinery.
4. Increased Maintenance Requirements: Elongated transmission chains require more frequent maintenance and adjustment to maintain proper tension and performance. Regular monitoring and adjustment of chain tension are necessary to minimize wear, prevent excessive elongation, and ensure optimal power transmission. Failure to address elongation promptly can lead to more severe damage to the chain and other components, resulting in costly repairs and downtime.
5. Reduced Service Life: The elongation of a transmission chain directly affects its service life. As the chain elongates, its performance, efficiency, and load-carrying capacity gradually deteriorate. The rate of elongation depends on various factors such as chain quality, operating conditions, lubrication, and maintenance practices. Over time, if elongation is not addressed, the chain may become unable to perform its intended function effectively, leading to chain failure and the need for replacement.
To mitigate the negative effects of elongation and extend the lifespan of a transmission chain, regular maintenance, including proper lubrication and tension adjustment, is crucial. Periodic inspections for signs of wear, elongation, and fatigue should be conducted to identify potential issues early and take appropriate corrective measures. Additionally, selecting high-quality chains and following manufacturer recommendations for installation, operation, and maintenance can help minimize elongation and maximize the chain’s lifespan.
Can transmission chains be used in high-torque applications?
Yes, transmission chains are commonly used in high-torque applications due to their ability to transmit power efficiently. Here’s a detailed answer to the question:
1. Robust Power Transmission: Transmission chains are designed to handle significant amounts of power transmission, including high-torque applications. They are capable of transferring torque from the driving source to the driven components effectively.
2. Load Capacity: Transmission chains are engineered to withstand heavy loads and high levels of torque. They are designed with appropriate material strength, chain pitch, and components to handle the specific torque requirements of the application.
3. Diverse Applications: Transmission chains are utilized in various high-torque applications across industries such as automotive, construction, mining, agriculture, and manufacturing. They are commonly used in power transmission systems, machinery, equipment, conveyors, and other mechanisms that require efficient torque transfer.
4. Compatibility with Sprockets: Transmission chains work in conjunction with sprockets, which are designed to engage with the chain links and transfer torque. The design and selection of appropriate sprockets ensure smooth and reliable torque transmission in high-torque applications.
5. Strength and Durability: Transmission chains are manufactured using high-strength materials such as alloy steel, stainless steel, or heat-treated steels to provide the necessary strength and durability required for high-torque operations. These materials can withstand the forces generated by high levels of torque without premature wear or failure.
6. Proper Lubrication and Maintenance: To ensure optimal performance in high-torque applications, it is essential to maintain proper lubrication and perform regular maintenance on the transmission chain. Adequate lubrication reduces friction, heat generation, and wear, thereby prolonging the chain’s lifespan and preserving its torque transmission capabilities.
It’s important to consult with industry experts or manufacturers to select the appropriate transmission chain and ensure it meets the specific torque requirements of the application. Additionally, following recommended installation and maintenance practices will help maximize the performance and longevity of the transmission chain in high-torque applications.
Can transmission chains be used in high-speed applications?
Yes, transmission chains can be used in high-speed applications, but there are certain considerations to take into account. Here’s a detailed explanation:
1. Chain Design: High-speed applications require transmission chains that are specifically designed to withstand the increased rotational speeds and dynamic loads. These chains often have features such as specialized surface treatments, high-quality materials, and precision manufacturing to ensure smooth operation at high speeds.
2. Lubrication: Proper lubrication is crucial in high-speed applications to minimize friction, heat generation, and wear. Lubricants with excellent high-speed characteristics, such as low viscosity and high film strength, are typically recommended. In some cases, specialized lubrication systems, such as oil circulation or spray lubrication, may be used to ensure sufficient lubrication at high speeds.
3. Balancing: High-speed operation can induce vibration and imbalance in transmission chains, leading to increased stress and potential failure. Balancing the chain and associated components, such as sprockets and shafts, is important to minimize vibration and ensure smooth operation at high speeds.
4. Tensioning: Proper tensioning of the transmission chain is crucial in high-speed applications. Maintaining the appropriate tension helps prevent chain slippage, excessive vibration, and premature wear. Tensioning devices, such as automatic tensioners or spring-loaded systems, may be used to ensure optimal tension throughout the operation.
5. Maintenance: Regular inspection, lubrication, and maintenance are vital in high-speed applications to detect any potential issues and address them promptly. Periodic checks for wear, proper alignment, and lubrication effectiveness can help prevent unexpected failures and ensure the reliable performance of transmission chains.
It is important to consult with manufacturers or industry experts to select the appropriate transmission chain that is specifically designed and rated for high-speed applications. By following the recommended guidelines and maintenance practices, transmission chains can reliably and safely operate in high-speed environments, meeting the performance requirements of such applications.
editor by CX 2023-09-06